There’s chicken and then there’s chicken stuffed with goodness. In this case, chicken stuffed with ham and cheese – and it’s amazing. It’s a fairly simple way to add some oomph to an otherwise plain chicken breast. While this recipe features cheese and ham, we’d encourage you to experiment with other fillings!
Here’s how you do it:
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of black forest ham
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, pureed.
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp of Pepper
- Saran Wrap
- 4 tbsp of butter
- Set immersion circulator to 140F
- Place chicken breasts on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt
- Cover chicken with saran wrap and flatten with a rolling pin
- Combine pepper, paprika, 1/2 of the butter and garlic in a small saucepan and stir until butter melts.
- Brush the flattened chicken breast with melted butter before adding two slices of ham and two slices of cheese.
- Using a new pieces of saran wrap, roll the chicken breasts up and seal the saran wrap as tightly as possible.
- Place wrapped chicken breast in fridge for 2-3 hours or in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to allow the chicken to firm up.
- Remove from fridge or freezer and place in vacuum sealed bag.
- Cook for 1h15m.
- After 1h15m, remove the saran wrap from the chicken and add remaining butter to a hot pan or skillet.
- Sear the chicken for 1-2 minutes per side and use a torch to finish the edges.
- Serve promptly.