One of our more challenging recipes ended up being one of our best (tasting and looking)!
Here’s how we did it:
- 5 lbs bone-in leg of lamb
- 5 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 10 cloves of Garlic (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of Rosemary
- Set Sous Vide circulator to 133F
- Mix together olive oil, garlic and rosemary into a mixing bowl; whisk until mixed well.
- Rub contents of bowl all over the leg of lamb, getting into crevices where possible and along the bone.
- Place leg in large food safe bag and either vacuum out the air or use the water displacement method for removing the air.
- Place bag in sous vide circulator for 8 hours.
- Remove leg from bag and retain the juices from the cook.
- Heat BBQ grill to between 600F-800F
- Add lamb to the grill and using a baster, add the juices from the bag to the leg (note: juices may cause flare ups, be careful of burning)
- “Roll” the leg around the grill to ensure even browning/searing for about 10 minutes
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.