I don’t often come across this particular cut, but I was lucky enough to snag one from Pusateri’s at Sherway Gardens in Toronto. It just looks great and tastes even better. Here’s how we did it:
- 1lb Barbarian Rib Steak or Tomahawk Rib Steak
- Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Set your Sous Vide Circulator to 133F (for just over a medium rare, and added a few degrees to account for the bone)
- Rub the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Vacuum seal the meat and add the butter to the bag
- Place sealed meat into the water for 90 minutes
- Pre-heat your grill to between 600F-800F; the hotter the better
- After 90 minutes, remove the steak and pat dry.
- Add to the hot grill and sear 1 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.