This was our first attempt at sous vide infused cocktails; we made a bunch and I’ll share the rest, but this was my favorite. It was inspired by a recent trip to Reykjavik, Iceland and little bar called Lebowski’s. Add to that our love or bourbon and this is where we ended up.
Here’s how you do it:
Coffee Infused Bourbon:
- 2 cups of Kicking Horse Coffee beans, crushed
- 750ml of Maker’s Mark Bourbon
Set sous vide to 165F, pour the bourbon and coffee beans into a large mason jar, seal and drop in for 2h.
Move from water bath to an ice bath, remove lid and let cool. https://imgur.com/lLI1ice
Strain through a fine strainer first and then through cheesecloth. Pour back into bottle and refrigerate..
The Kentucky Breakfast Cocktail:
- 1.5 oz of Coffee Infused Bourbon
- A few drops of Chocolate Syrup
- 1.5 oz of Milk (more or less depending on your taste)
- Topped with Cocoa Puffs
Stir to mix in chocolate syrup and enjoy!