I wasn’t very good at poaching eggs, so I never really did it. Now I do it all the time with this foolproof recipe. Depending on how you like your eggs, this might be a bit soft for some of you, but if you like yolk-porn, follow the steps below.
Here’s how we did it:
- Set your sous vide circulator to 167F
- Place eggs, in shell, directly into the water bath
- Set timer for 13 minutes (you need to be pretty exact with the timing)
- Prepare an ice-water bath for the eggs.
- After 13 minutes, remove the eggs and carefully place in the ice-water bath.
- After about 30 minutes, the shells should be cool enough to handle.
- Crack the eggs over slotted spoons over the sink or a bowl (this removes any runny whites left over from the cook)
- Serve on bacon and toast.
Video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BDa9snprbyt/
- Set oven to 400F
- Lay out bacon on baking sheets (use tinfoil to help with the mess)
- Put bacon in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, flip bacon and place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- After a full 20 minutes, remove the bacon and pat dry before serving.